Monday, March 26, 2007

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: Introduction

Hello my name is Jon, I am a gladiator in the Intergalactic Gladiating Entertainment (Formerly the Intergalactic Gladiating Federation) where you may have seen me competing against the likes of Octopus Prime and Lord EyeBorg. When not competing, you can probably find me saving the galaxy once again for Queen Galacta or avoiding monkeyboys who want to be my sidekick.

OK, who am I really?
My name is Jon, I live in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I have a wife and a kid, another kid on the way, and a dog.

Way back when, I saw Yoda's blog and decided to start one myself. I used to joke with my friends that being and Intergalactic Gladiator was my dream job, so I took that idea and went with it.

Using that as a springboard, I have the opportunity to write about whatever I want. I get to poke fun at science fiction and being an action hero, but I've also riffed on the Divine Comedy and Of Mice and Men. I've met and interacted with characters from Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC Comics, Aliens, and quite a few other places.

On top of that, I've developed my own bunch of characers and locations including Planet Hacknor, Queen Galacta, J'onn Sinew Nu, Jo Jo the Monkeyboy (Jr and Sr!), and so much more.

So that's me in a nutshell. Please feel free to stop by my blog and give it a read. In fact, go ahead and read all of the the archives. There will be a quiz later.

(edit)
And if I could make one suggestion. During introductions, let us know a little something about the person behind the character. I feel like there are quite a few people out there who I don't know.

5 comments:

Master Yoda said...

Congratulations on that new baby that's on the way, Jon!

I have to commend you for really sticking it out for so long and keeping up with your writing! You've managed to create quite a unique and colorful little universe within your blog. It's been fun watching your characters develop. You're quite the storyteller.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Thank you for the compliment and thanks for continuing to read my blog.

It's tough to keep writing sometimes but I'm commited, you know. Not even the phone bill or personal hygene is going to keep me from doing my blog.

Captain Typho said...

Ditto on the baby congratulations!

My son's first birthday party is coming up, so I'm busy with the preparations.

Master Adana said...

Congrats to the baby.
I am still new to all this but what I have seen so far really impresses me. I have to catch up on a lot of reading though.

Mr. Butler said...

Hi, Jon!